Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Beautiful Eyes

On a dark stormy night in a bar
A handsome young man
Watched me from afar
I was out that evening
With friends from work
Nothing unusual up to that point
Had occurred
My friends left early
I decided to sta
The handsome young man
Started walking my way
He introduced himself to me
As Joe
I shook his hand
And said hello
My name is Dahlia
He looked into my eyes and said
I know
I thought it odd
But I just let it go
He flashed a sly grin
And gave me a wink
He waved to the bartender
To bring us a drink
We sat and chatted for hours
It seemed
I started feeling strange
As if I were in a dream
He said I had beautiful eyes
And smiled
The last thing I remember was
The long cab ride
And the stabbing pain when I died
Joe admired my eyes so much that
Fateful night in the bar
Now he keeps them on a shelf
In a jar

© Leatherman 2012

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Great ending! Hitchcock and Poe would be proud :)

    ReplyDelete