Sunday, June 17, 2012

The Sun Came Up Again Today
















The sun came up again today
It doesn’t know
You’ve gone away
I hear people laugh
And children play
Same routines
Different day

Life for me
Is standing still
Since I recieved news
That you were killed
In a barbaric land
So far away
Where no one even
Knew your name

You fought for them
While they curse the
American way
Back home people
Watch the nightly news
Unaffected strangers
Seem sadly aloof

How sad they think
For a second or three
When they see
Your name flash
Across the screen

Along with other
Brave Airmen
Seamen
Soldiers and
Marines
Who lost their share
Of the American dream

I’ll never be the same
Person I was before
I lost my heart
In tyranny's endless war
The sun came up again
Today

(C) Leatherman 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment