Tuesday, October 9, 2012

What Does a Temper Look Like?











I saw my tiny body lying
On the blood soaked bed....
Mommy screamed and cried for me,
"Wake up", then....
I saw her kiss my hurt little head....

"I didn't mean to do it!"
She sobbed and said to God....
"Please don't take my child from me,
I promise, I can make it stop!"

I didn't mind mommy fast enough...
Picking up my toys,
I made her lose her temper again, plus,
She said I make too much noise....

I said I'll help you find it mommy,
What does a temper look like?
It was too late to help her though,
Mommy went insanely wild!

I was only three years old
When my mommy made me die...
Jesus took me in His arms
And carried my soul away....
The only thing that makes me sad,
Although I never cry....
I didn't get a chance that day
To kiss my beautiful
Mommy goodbye!

(C) Leatherman 2012


2 comments:

  1. Children do love uncondentionaly don't they.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sad. I just listened to Brooke Shields book on her post partum depression and although she never hurt her child, she did say she imagined it. So these women who don't have the funds to get help like Brooke did, sometimes do the most imaginable things to their children that if they had the medication and therapy might never do.

    ReplyDelete