Thursday, July 5, 2012

Fractured Soul













Oh woe, oh woe
Deep wounded soul
Embracing the pain
You once did know
Young man
Old spirit
Can’t let go
Of curses and burdens
From centuries past
Bitter scourge
Of sorrow
In doom’s cold
Steely grasp
Dark path of
Destruction
Paved with
Razor sharp blades
Help spill
Your own blood
So you can feel
Punishment with
Senseless self hate
My heart weeps
For you
In your black
Despair
I’d give my last breath
For your spirit’s
Healing repair
It’s with abundant sadness
I must state
Your contentment is
Beyond my control
So is your fate
Only you can
Mend your broken
Heart
Only you can find
Salvation’s light
To comfort
And restore your
Fractured soul

© Leatherman 2012

2 comments:

  1. I really like this poem Brenda!! I relate but have been blessed to come out on the other side. Thank God. It was a long tormented ordeal. But it is finally over. Thank you for your poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. John, I think all of us have our dark moments in life. I believe it's a spiritual battle that many lose. I hate to see friends and loved ones suffer thru this and not be able to help them.
    I'm glad you won your battle John! God bless you!
    Thank you for responding.

    ReplyDelete